Finding the right Indica strains can cause someone to dive into a ton of laborious research. But fear no more, we have the information about Indica strains, the top ten best Indica strains and how Indica strains can be helpful for so many diseases!
There are so many cannabis products out there that can support a variety of ailments. These products and further specific strains can help with anxiety, insomnia, the treatment side effects of cancer, chronic pain and so many other diseases and conditions.
What are the types of strains?
Not all cannabis is created equal. Different strains of cannabis produce different effects and thus can be used to treat different ailments. To further organize the cannabis effects and bodily reactions, most retailers categorize the strains into 3 different categories:
Indica – Indica strains come from the cannabis Indica plant, which is generally shorter and bushier than their Sativa counterpart. Specifically, Indica strains are associated with the body high that makes someone feel relaxed. These strains are often recommended for people seeking strains to help with pain, insomnia, nausea, or even poor appetite.
Sativa plants are tall and thin with finger-like leaves. Often Sativa strains have lower doses of CBD and higher doses of THC. Sativa has a reputation for producing the “mind high,” or an energizing, anxiety-reducing effect. People who consume Sativa-dominant strains may feel productive and creative.
Hybrid – The Hybrid strain refers to a strain created by combining both Indica and Sativa strains. The THC and CBD content would be determined by the producer and can vary amongst products.
How do you choose a strain?
It all depends on the type of effect or feeling a person desires to have, either to treat an ailment or for recreational purposes. Each strain has its own unique positive effects (detailed above). Moreover, consumers should ask further questions about the product, beyond the strain like, what are the main terpenes in it? What’s the THC to CBD ratio? Does the label mention any other cannabinoids, like CBG or CBN? Since there is no third-party organization regulating these strains, it is important to note that these ingredients and ratios are all factors that can change the effectiveness or result of said strain.
Side effects of unregulated strains:
It is important for everyone to purchase products that have been tests and transparent with the number of ingredients per product, without this information it’s difficult to consistently depend on products within any strain. Products that aren’t regulated could possibly produce adverse effects like dry mouth, dry eyes, and dizziness.
Information about Indica strains:
In the past, people believed that Cannabis indica plants contained higher levels of CBD. As a result, cultivators and dispensaries marketed Indica-derived strains as a product that would lead to a more ‘relaxed high’. Making consumers sleepy and/or relaxed.
- Origin: Cannabis indica is native to Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, and Turkey. The plants have adapted to the often harsh, dry, and turbulent climate of the Hindu Kush mountains.
- Typical CBD to THC ratio: Indica strains often have higher levels of CBD, but the THC content isn’t necessarily less.
- Ailment cures: Indica is sought after for its intensely relaxing effects. It may also help reduce nausea and pain and increase appetite.
- When to use: Because Indica produces a relaxing effect, producers recommend consuming the product at night.
Top 10 Indica Strains:
- Bubba Kush – containing CBD<1%, THC 17–22%. This strain might help with chronic pain, muscle spasms and insomnia
- Granddaddy Purple- containing CBD<0.1%, THC17–23%. This strain might help with low appetite, restless leg syndrome and insomnia.
- Afghan Kush -containing CBD 6%, THC16–21%. This strain can help with acute pain, insomnia and low appetite
- LA Confidential – containing CBD 0.3%, THC 16–20%. This strain can help with inflammation, pain and stress.
- Northern Lights Indica – containing CBD0.1%, THC16%. This strain can help with pain, mood disorders, insomnia and low appetite.
- Death Star – containing <0%CBD, THC 26%. This strain can help with sleep and anxiety
- Kosher Kush – containing <0% CBD THC 20%. This strain can help with insomnia and mood
- MK Ultra – containing, <0% CBD 18% THC. This strain can help with pain management
- Critical Kush – containing, <0% CBD, 20% THC. This strain can help with stress and anxiety.
- God’s Gift – containing <0% CBD 22% THC. This strain can help with insomnia and mood.
Now it can be even easier to find one of the top ten Indica strains that will work best for you! Take a look at some of our products for sale that are fully transparent and available for delivery!